I’ve previously published a blog on how to create a mirror image and another blog with before and after examples of mirror images. There are always multiple ways to do things in photoshop and I’ve recently discovered a really quick way to create a mirror image in photoshop.
This takes just a few steps and can be done in less than 5 minutes. This approach can be used to create a mirror image or the start of a water reflection in photoshop.
Below are the steps with photoshop screen shots.
1. Using the Rectangular Marquee Tool, select the part of the image you want to mirror.
2. Right click with your mouse on the image and select “Layer Via Copy
3. In the Edit Menu, Select Transform > Flip Horizontal. Use Flip Horizontal if you are mirroring from left to right and Flip Vertical if you are mirroring from top to bottom.
4. Using the Move Tool, drag the image to line up both sides of your mirrored image.
5. Select the Crop Tool and drag to expand the canvas to reveal the entire mirrored image. Click the Check Mark at the top to complete the crop.
That’s it, quick and easy.
Written by Martin Belan