The Photo Story
Motorcycles and Scooters are very popular in India due to their less expensive price and ability to maneuver through the busy traffic. It is also not uncommon to see 3, 4 or even 5 people on a motorcycle or scooter.
I photographed this family of 5 on a scooter just outside the Agra Fort in Agra India. The family seems very comfortable and accustomed to this mode of transportation.
I lowered the exposure compensation by -3/10 as it was a bright, sunny morning and I wanted to avoid blowing out the whites and yellows in the photo.
Camera: Olympus OM-D E-M1
Lens: Olympus 12-50mm f/3.5 – 6.3 lens
Focal Length: 12mm
Shutter Speed: 1/1600 second
Exposure Compensation: -3/10
Lighting: Bright, Sunny Morning
- This photo was cropped and straightened using Lightroom 5.
- Google's Viveza 2 was used to adjust the contrast, clarity, and saturation of the photo.
- The Photo Pop filter in Topaz Adjust was used to adjust the contrast, clarity, and saturation in the photo.
- The Lighten/Darken Center filter in Color Efex Pro 4 was used to highlight the scooter and family, and to darken the background.
- Selectively sharpened the image using the Unsharp filter and a layer mask in Photoshop CC.
Written by Martin Belan